I’m very pleased to announce the release of Presio 1.3, which is now available for download.
This release includes several bug fixes and improvements, but we’ve also added a great new feature that allows you to specify the output quality of a published presentation. There are 3 presets (High, Medium, Low) and you may also setup your own custom encoder settings. You can specify your own frame rate, bit rate and frame size (in pixels).
The ability to customize the output quality of the published video file allows more flexibility when determining the inherent trade-off in distributing web video - quality vs. file size. This new release of Presio will allow you to better manage that often difficult decision.
Release notes are listed below this entry as well as on our release notes history page - also feel free to download this new release directly from our download page. As always, if you have an earlier version of Presio, you can simply download and install the newest version right over the old one. All your settings and previous projects are preserved.
Release Notes - Presio 1.3.10 - June 12, 2008
- Added: Ability to specify output quality of encoded video using presets or customizing your own settings (bit rate, frame size, frame rate)
- Added: New player template for Windows Media Video (Default - Speaker Left)
- Fixed: Resolved issue of importing and working with 2 or more PowerPoint presentations
- Fixed: Resolved issue of importing WMA9 Voice audio files
- Fixed: Cetain characters now display properly within slide titles
- Fixed: IE6 Flash rendering bug
- Improved: Added ability to Cancel the media import process
- Improved: Media file import process maintains the original media’s quality settings